Monday, September 26, 2005

Pete performance Sept. 25

Okay, this is the second time in as many months Pete has had to cut a performance short because of the flippin' trains over there! C'mon Brits, straighten this out!

From Kim + Lester:
"Pete played 2 songs, a new one called Into The Ether: 'I hang suspended, I wait for you and know you're near, in this high heaven, my world's upended, I feel no passion, I feel no fear........'.'I use silly voices on this...because I use silly voices, really...............' This is from the Boy Who Heard Music, he followed it with a spirited version of Let's See Action. Very good performances, guitar and vocals. He played the J-200 acoustic, (except on ITE, where Rachel played piano), Alan Rogan bought it out, and also placedRachel's music on the grand piano. Pete also played on her track, Cigarettes and Housework, Around This Table, with Jerry Hall vocalising with Rachel was the other song played. The 'trio' took a collective bow at the end. The show overran - it was supposed to finish at 2225, but was running after 2300, so Pete cut his part short; before LSA, 'if you have a bus or train, I won't be offended if you walk out on me.....!'. The 'POT!' ( note : Poetry Olympics Twenty05!) book on sale, (112 pages), has the full words for Into The Ether, and 'Wake Up And Hear The Music', presumably one of the other songs Pete had intended to play. The Program leaflet ran to just 4 pages."

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian in Atlanta said...

It's hard to say. Pete said at one time that a new album would not be a concept album because that wasn't what people wanted. That was a couple of years before American Idiot. A concept album would be very trendy, now!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home